Responsible Lending Guidelines
As responsible lenders we aim to ensure all our customers can borrow from us in a clear, fair, transparent and sustainable manner.
In order to achieve this, before lending, we will:
- Assess your creditworthiness and may ask for information to help us determine whether it is responsible for us to lend on each occasion.
- Consider each lending decision individually on the basis of what we know about your circumstances and credit repayment history.
- Only lend an amount that we are reasonably satisfied that you are able to repay over the term of the agreement.
- Never encourage you to borrow more than you can reasonably afford to repay.
- Never try to hide or disguise any charges.
- Ensure all our marketing materials are clear, fair and not misleading.
To also help ensure we lend responsibly we ask that you:
- Provide us with the required, up to date documentation (payslip & bank statement)
- Accurately declare all your current financial commitments
- Inform us any impending, known or possible changes to your circumstances which could impact on your ability to maintain your repayments eg. Redundancy, retirement etc.
- Consider carefully the amount you want to borrow
- Ensure you can comfortably afford the repayments over the term of the agreement
- Ask us questions if you are unsure about anything related to your loan
Please be aware if you are taking a top up loan this will extend the period of your repayments. This extension will normally be between 12 & 15 months.
If, at any point during your agreement, you have difficulty maintaining your repayments, please contact us as soon as possible and we will offer assistance appropriate to your circumstances.